Here we go again.

Because I'm running the Chicago Marathon. Again. This is my account of the next three months of training. (And griping. And injuries. And victories. And breakdowns. And weakness. And strength.)

Friday, July 21, 2006

I've got three months. And one day.

Running Log:
Today: 4 miles
Yesterday: 10-minute warmup, fartlek 1-2-3-2-1, 10 minute cooldown
Tomorrow: 7 miles

Because I need public scrutiny, and motivation to get my butt onto the pavement (or grass, trail), I need this blog to keep track of the next three months of training. We, the Fiance and I, are signed up for the Chicago Marathon on Oct. 22. I ran it last year. It was amazing(ly hard), and needed to do it again (because I yearn for masochism). He needed a goal. A big goal. And what better (ridiculous) goal than to run 26.2 miles?

Exactly.

We'll be trekking four miles this evening. It's cool out, should be nice. Remind me of that when I'm done, and my shin hurts, and I want to hurt whoever is within close proximity.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home