Here we go again.

Because I'm running the Chicago Marathon. Again. This is my account of the next three months of training. (And griping. And injuries. And victories. And breakdowns. And weakness. And strength.)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Red shoelaces.

So The Fiance got a pair of red shoelaces in the mail last week. They came from New Balance, and were a "congratulations on signing up for your first marathon" gift. (And I wonder where mine were last year?)

So they're red. They say "New Balance" and "LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon" along both sides in bold, black letters. The point of these laces, apparently, is that the New Balance crew will be at the finish line of the marathon, and if they "spot" you wearing your red shoelaces, you receive a prize, of sorts.

In the spirit of sharing, he gave me a lace. So now we both have a red shoelace laced into our right shoe. I'm pretty sure this means we're going to win. The marathon, that is.

I'm extremely superstitious, and believe in good luck charms and all that business, so I have a good feeling about these red shoelaces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home