Here we go again.

Because I'm running the Chicago Marathon. Again. This is my account of the next three months of training. (And griping. And injuries. And victories. And breakdowns. And weakness. And strength.)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Not too shabby.

Running Log:
Today: 4 miles
Yesterday: 7 miles
Tomorrow: 6 miles

So the weekend was full of good running. Sort of. Saturday's three-ish miles went alright. It was hot. I hate running in heat. We ran the route through the park, along the lake, which I generally enjoy, just not in the middle of the day when the sun is beating down. But at least we got it checked off our list.

Yesterday, however, was good. It was hot. It was 7 miles. But we both felt good. We did it in pretty good time, too: an hour and eight minutes, just under 10-minute miles. We ran the trail for this one because it's easier on the legs. So far my shins are behaving. After work today I've got a solo four-miler, so here's to hoping it's nice and cool outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home