Here we go again.

Because I'm running the Chicago Marathon. Again. This is my account of the next three months of training. (And griping. And injuries. And victories. And breakdowns. And weakness. And strength.)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Couples inspiration.

We met another couple Saturday night who are training for a March marathon in Atlanta. It was exciting to chat with them a little bit about their training - it's the first marathon for both of them.

It's always so much more exciting to talk to others who are going through the same thing, or who have gone through it already, than it is to sit and ponder it in my head. And imagine how awful it will be. And how badly I wish I didn't have to drag myself through 26.2 miles again.

But it's motivational to hear the excitement in other people. I recently read the LiveJournal of a fellow blogger who trained for the Chicago Marathon in 2004. I loved reading it, and re-living the experience with her. So hopefully others can get a little motivation from this. Or hopefully I can look back on this after Marathon #2, and remember why I decided to do it. Again.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm very proud of you for doing a marathon (again!). I enjoy reading your blogs on this topic. I've registered to do the Half Marathon (13.1) Power Walk in the Fox Cities Marathon this fall. This will be my first time doing it. Who knows maybe someday I'll try tackling running a full one! Keep up the good work!
    -r

     

Post a Comment

<< Home