Here we go again.

Because I'm running the Chicago Marathon. Again. This is my account of the next three months of training. (And griping. And injuries. And victories. And breakdowns. And weakness. And strength.)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crap.

Running Log:
Today: 6 miles, 100-meter repeats
Yesterday: 3.1 miles
Tomorrow: 4 miles

So, I'll just chalk last night's run up to my being a horrendous runner. Or something. I tried going out for a run at about 6:00, only to be met by severe storm clouds about three blocks into the little jaunt. So I turned around and went home. And ate. And tried again an hour later.

Bad idea.

My belly was still full, so for the entirety of my 3.1-mile run, I wanted to throw up. Also my shins hurt. And that mixed with my complete inability to have motivation for anything as of late made for the shittiest run ever. I made it through, though. Barely. And not without wanting to vomit.

And now my shins hurt. DAMMIT.

Other than ALL OF THAT, the run itself wasn't terrible. Well, the scenery, anyway. It had just stormed, so the ground was full of puddles and the air had cooled - which was nice. Everyone was outside catching their last few moments of fresh air before dark. And because it was near dark, the street lights were on and most of the neighborhoods were pretty still. So that was nice.

Now if only my legs weren't absolute pieces of worthless crap. I might have to take a rest day today, and resume the training schedule tomorrow. We'll see.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I randomly stumbled across this blog... and love it! I'm training for my 2nd marathon right now and am constantly asking myself "why the hell am I doing this again?" Good luck to you! I look forward to reading more about your training.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Krista said…

    Elizabeth: That's awesome! Where did you run your first marathon?? How exciting. Keep me posted on how YOUR training is going.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    My first marathon was in Austin, TX in Feb '04. That was pretty much the last time I ran until I started training again 2 months ago! My husband and I are gearing up for the Twin Cities Marathon on Oct. 1.

    I also just started a training blog today, so if you're really bored (and I mean really bored b/c it sucks) feel free to check it out.

    http://brzeskimarathon.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home